Visitor Rules of Conduct
Select Guidelines for Visiting Lake View Cemetery
Lake View Cemetery encourages families, friends, and the greater Seattle community to visit the cemetery. In order to provide the appropriate environment for our lot owners and families, all visitors must adhere to the following:
- All visitors within the Cemetery must use only the roads and walkways to access cemetery sites and points of interest.
- Speed limit for vehicles on the cemetery roads is 15 miles per hour.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bicycling, skating or skateboarding are not permitted.
- Please: NO dog walking.
- In respect for the deceased and their families, no running is permitted in the grounds or on the graves. Stepping or walking on the flat stones and leaning or sitting on upright monuments is dangerous and not permitted.
- Visitors should leave all areas as found and use waste receptacles located on the grounds when needed. No picnics or alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- All visitors should respect the privacy of grieving families, especially those who have a funeral service in progress or who are making funeral arrangements with a Cemetery staff member. Kindly avoid these situations during your visit.
NOTE: A complete list of Rules & Regulations is available for viewing at the cemetery office.
If you are considering a student or other group visit, please schedule your visit with the administrative office and fill out our Rules of Conduct Acknowledgement Form. Please fax form to (206) 322-0523.